This post will be obvious, simple, informative, and quite long…
When it comes to traveling, I try to limit myself and bring with me only the essential makeup products, the ones that are going to help me create multiple looks, without taking too much space in my suitcase.
So this little Zara Home pouch I took with me is great for that. It is a compact little thing but also big enough to hold all my makeup, and my brushes.
Here is what I filled my Zara pouch with…
First, BASE products:
– primer Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch. I took this particular one because it has this compact container and although it is silicone based, when I use it my makeup stays on all day.
– foundation Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15, #30 Beige. You know that this is the foundation I always reach for because it is easy to apply, stays on all day and I also love the finish it gives. I already wrote a complete review about it, link here.
– to correct any dark circles or spots I took this Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance and Anti-Fatigue Correcting Concealer because it is compact, does the job well and I have to finish it.
– my powder of choice was the By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder. What were you thinking by taking a loose product while traveling?! You might ask… I absolutely adore this powder! It was between that and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette and I decided to go for the By Terry one because I wanted a matte finish on my complexion, since I think it is more work appropriate. For a full review and ways I use this powder click here.
– the last base product I took with me is a bronzing powder – the Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder, in #04 Sun Blondes. Even if I bought it several months ago, I took it directly from its box. It was absolutely new! I simply swatched it a few times to see how it looks… And it was the best choice I could have made. I used this bronzer for contouring, all-over my face for a healthy look and as a… blush! If you are familiar with the Guerlain Terracotta bronzers you know that they look like a kaleidoscope of colours. This particular shade has a melange of pinks, bronzing shades and darker browns. Well, the pink in the palette was my blush shade… Not for long though, because I really did some shopping makeup-wise while I was in Milan… Oh! This is the makeup bag I took with me to Milan, last month! And it would have been a shame not to!
The EYE makeup:
– a neutral, matte palette is an absolute must for me when I travel, especially if it is a work related trip. This Charlotte Tilbury The Sophisticate Luxury Palette Colour Coded Eye Shadows landed on my door step the day before my departure. And I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the quality of these eye shadow palette. The eye shadows are soft, finely mild, very pigmented and easy to blend. Loved it!
– then my absolute favourite eye product at the moment, the By Terry Ombre Blackstar Colour-Fix Cream Eye Shadow, in #5 Misty Rock. I love it all-over the lid by itself for a soft day look and also combined with other eye shadows for a night out with the girls, in Milan.
– to accentuate my eyes I took the Clarins Eye Pencil, in #02 Brown.
– as for mascara I went for this samples of Dior Diorshow New Look Mascara, in #090 Black and my holly grail mascara the Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara, in #10 Black. I love the two combined or applied by themselves.
LIPS. Yeah lip products are my weakness! I said I allow myself to take only three. I ended up with six! And bought a few more while I was there!
– the Dior Lip Glow Colour Reviver Balm – I can not leave the house without
– the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector, in #06. I love how hydrating this is and not sticky at all. I previously featured it in a post, here.
– my go-to, easy-to-wear lipstick the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine, in #48 Évasion, reviewed here.
– another nude my Tom Ford Lip Colour #13 Blush Nude – simply because
Went BRUSHES crazy too! So I took with me my old, trusty Samurai Army: my Tom Ford #14 Smokey Eye Brush and the #02 Cream Foundation Brush, and my Hakuhodo brushes: the J210, J5522 for powdering contour and blush, the J5533 an excellent brush to blend eye shadow, the J5529 and G5513 great for precise makeup application. And of course my Shu Uemura S-curler, my go-to eyelash curler.
The last items in my makeup bag were the ones I used to freshen up – the Chanel Blotting Sheets and a small bottle of Travalo filled with the Caudalie Beauty Elixir.
The other two Travalos were filled with my favourite perfumes: the Escentric Molecule 01 ( reviewed here ) and Maison Francis Kurkdjian‘s Amyris. You can also read more about the Travalo’s by clicking here.
So this much makeup I take with me when I travel. In my defense I have to say that it was a almost two weeks trip!
I hope you enjoy reading this post!
See you soon beautiful!