With the new Intensely Revitalising Essence Lotion, The Body Shop definitely upped their skincare game. The Essence Lotion* they recently launched alongside with a full new, extremely luxurious line of products called Oils Of Life™ ( pictured above ), is a refreshing fusion of oils and water – a nod to the highly coveted Korean skincare, known in particular for these miraculous infused waters that work wonders on the skin.
It’s an essence containing an infusion of 3 cold-pressed oils and pure water that together work beautifully to give your complexion a boost of instant hydration, leaving it velvety-soft and smooth.
The three oils The Body Shop used for this infusion are:
- Black Cumin Seed Oil – known for its high concentration of antioxidants, from the exotic, ancient Nile Valley in Egipt
- Camellia Seed Oil – rich in extremely nourishing oleic acids*, from the evergreen trees in China
- Rosehip Seed Oil from the root of the Andes, in Chile – rich in Omega 3 and 6
Cold pressed oils are the most beneficial for your skin because of the process they’re obtained in. Oils obtained from cold pressed seeds will keep their natural properties unaltered, guaranteeing a closer affinity to our own skin oils which obviously makes them lighter in molecule, therefore easier to assimilate by our skin.
The Intensely Revitalising Essence Lotion is a bi-phasic product ( Note: you have to shake it well before every application! ) that combines the freshness of pure water and the amazing properties of these natural oils.
It’s a lightweight, fast-absorbing formula, that melts into your skin effortlessly leaving a velvety-soft finish, without any trace of tackiness or greasiness whatsoever! It easily became an essential step in my skincare routine; I’m using it on a cotton pad, with gentle circular motions, I distribute it all over my cleansed face, wait until it dries and absorbs completely, then I go on with my serum and moisturiser of choice. I use it after cleansing instead or over my toner, as an extra-hydrating step for a velvet feel and natural glow.
I had no allergic reaction, my sensitive skin gave no signs of stress or discomfort!
As always, The Body Shop uses 99% natural ingredients and NO nasties!
In case you didn’t know, the brand is cruelty free and it is involved in so many humanitarian campaigns. Read more about their ethic “values” here!
Bottom line: I was very excited to try this product and I had high expectations from it. The one I compared it to was the Facial Treatment Essence from SK II, which is the epitome of the luxury beauty waters/essences and the most effective I have used until now. Compared to that, the Intensely Revitalising Essence Lotion performed unexpectedly well – I did obtained the results they promised in their marketing campaigns. Definitely not a waste of my money and a strong recommendation for those of you in love with face essences, that you’re not keen on spending your rent money on crazy expensive skincare…
What’s your favourite face essence/face mist/water infusion, Beautiful?
As always thank you so much for reading…
And see you soon!
*Now, let’s make the difference between a tonic lotion and an essence. The two are ever-so-often mistaken one by the other when in fact, they couldn’t be more different.
- the toning lotion makes sure that you have cleared your face completely and the last traces of makeup and dirt you might have left on your face after removing your makeup and cleansing are gone for sure. It balances your complexion as well!
- the essence lotion has a much more concentrated formulation in the first place. It is meant to be used as an extra-step in your skincare routine after cleansing of course, but after toning as well… Because what it actually does is adding an extra-boost of hydration and nourishing elements to your skin.
*More on oleic acids, here.
To hear it first, make sure you follow me on