Milan, 25th February 2015
Actually I’m writing this post while I’m in Milan for my business trip, which luckily this time coincided with Milan Fashion Week. And I’m telling you this: it is a real pleasure to be surrounded by so many fashionable people and to experience at least from afar, the amazing roller coaster of sensations a fasion week gives you!
But that’s the subject of another post!
As always the one collection I’m most interested to see every season during Fashion Weeks is the one that happened in London Fashion Week, a few days ago – the glorious Burberry Prorsum Fall 2015 Ready-to-wear fashion show. I love the traditional British style the Creative Designer of Burberry, Christopher Bailey always manages to bring in his shows and the fresh, modern twist he always imprints into his creattions!
This time the Collection is very bohemian and 1970s inspired, with English fringed suede, Durham quilts and sheer English printed lace as materials, patchwork prints, mirrored textiles and whipstitched suede in colours of indigo, red, burgundy, teal and ochre. As for accessories, the fringed bucket bags stole the show!
But the shearling coats and the burgundy fringed suede bucket bags aren’t the only ones to covet next season!
Inspired by the main characteristics of this collection “patchwork, pattern and prints”, Andy Rowe – the Beauty Colsultant and the person “responsible” for the last Burberry looks, created this amazing runway makeup look with an earthy, sun-kissed palette of smoky colours, matte nude lips and warm skin.
The look was centered on this amazing and easy to achieve, wearable, modern smokey eye, with a sheer lid and very defined defined lashline… “Don’t be afraid to go a bit overboard with your smudged black liner…”, Andy Rowe said, as long as it’s very well blended, I shall add.
She came up with this look a just couple of hours before an event that always takes place at the Burberry HQ in London on the day before the actual fashion show in Kensington Garden, where a few selected beauty bloggers were lucky enough to preview the new look! How amazing was that!?
Here are the products she used to create this look; some new exciting launches and some old goodies as well:
– Burberry Effortless Kohl Eyeliner in Jet Black NO. 01 and Storm Grey NO. 03
– Burberry Effortless Kohl Poppy Black NO. 01
– these were the new cream eyeshadows Andy Rowe used for the presentation and they will be launched at the end of April – the beginning of May. But because they were only for the presentation she gave those present to the makeup preview an amazing tip on how to obtain them: by mixing a bit of the Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid in Golden Radiance NO. 02 with something like the Eye Colour Wet & Dry Eyeshadow Eye Colour Silk Jet Black NO. 308, for a sultry, smokey eye look.
– the Burberry Bold Lash Mascara in Ebony NO.1 ( review here )
– the Burberry Effortless Eyebrow Definer in Sepia NO.02 ( review here )
– Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid in Golden Radiance NO. 02
– Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid
– a mix of the Burberry Sheer Concealer in Soft Beige NO.02 and Rosy Beige NO. 03
– Burberry Light Glow Blush Earthy NO. 07
– Burberry Kisses Lipstick in Nude Beige NO.01 ( launches in March )
– Cadet Green* from the AW 2015 Collection.
* Cadet Green, Khaki Green and Poppy Black from the A/W 15 range doesn’t launch until August 2015, but there’s good news: the three-piece set is available to order exclusively online until 9 March. So hurry up!
This is such a wearable look, minimal I dare to say, that I will definitely wear this upcoming Autumn/Winter.
How about you? Did you liked it?
See you soon, beautiful!
See the show with testimonials
The entire photographic and video material is property of Burberry and Style.com.