– image courtesy of fragrantica.com
In terms of beauty, Autumn for me means only two things: colours and scents!
I will have to leave behind last Summer’s glowing skin, the bold, orange-reds and neon-pinks and replace them with earthy-toned blushers, copper, brown and purple eyeshadows and lips to vary from deep reds to vampy plums!
A true delight for the eyes nonetheless!
Here is the colour scheme that will guide me through this season, completed by an Edit of products that will definitely stand out to me… And of course you will be seeing them a lot in my upcoming posts!
- GIVENCHY Le Rouge Brun Createur, a new CHANEL Coco Shine from Les Autumnales 2015 Collection, BITE Beauty High Pigment Pencil Sand, DIOR Vintage and Grège – for the lips, BURBERRY Earthy for the cheeks and an array of brown eyeshadows from BURBERRY, BY TERRY, CHANEL, CHARLOTTE TILBURY and NARS ( check them out with all the swatches here ).
Burnt Oranges and Coppers:
- MAC Eyeshadow in Coppering and as blushers BURBERRY Tangerine and HOURGLASS’ Dim Infusion, plus a certain CHANEL blush from the same Les Automnales 2015 Collection
Deep Reds and Wines:
- will be my lips with TOM FORD Crimson Noir, CHARLOTTE TILBURY Walk of Shame, BURBERRY Oxblood, CHARLOTTE TILBURY So Marylin and NARS and again, a CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine from the same Les Automnales Collection
- the eyes will look glamorous with the CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Dolce Vita reddish-browns
Plums and Taupes:
- the BURBERRY Sheer Eyeshadows ( the old formula ), BY TERRY Ombre Blackstar and Chanel will be my first choices ( see the actual products with swatches here ), plus a gorgeous NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Mélusine that’s been waiting to be properly used for quite some time now
- lips TOM FORD Alasdhair and Pussycat, some NARS Audacious Lipsticks that are yet to arrive and of course, the ESTÈE LAUDER Insolent Plum. Cheeks: the reduced to pieces HOURGLASS Mood Exposure.
As for Scents, the fresh, zesty, Summer florals will have to step aside for now and make room for those deeper, smokier, sensual and sultry notes of oud, amber, incense, figs, blackcurrants – the accords of which will combine deliciously into a whole that will compliment perfectly the smell of the falling leaves, in the misty Autumn mornings.
For that I will recur to my beloved Maison Francis Kurkgjian Oud ( the perfume I’ve been waiting to explore my whole life ), my trusty Escentric Molecules 01 – the one I usually layer with other perfumes in my collection because I simply adore the gorgeous smokiness and depth it adds to the most average scent and my most recent discovery, which I’m clearly obsessed with – the Terry de Gunzburg Haute Parfumerie, Parti Pris. ( Yes, By Terry does perfume as well as makeup and skincare! )
DIPTYQUE will take over my Home Scents this year with Baies ( of course! ) and the new acquisition the 34 BLVD Saint Germain ( their iconic scent ), but my favourites from BYREDO aren’t too far behind… Bibliothèque and this year’s exclusivist release 1996 will also play their part!
Final recap: gorgeous colours and cozy atmosphere will be the coordinates of my Autumn 2015!
What will your Autumn look like?
Thank you for reading and as always…
See you soon, Beautiful!